Leveraging the Quality of Healthcare Solutions through Smart and Efficient Workforce Management in Clinics, Hospitals and Patient’s Care Institutions
The workforce management in the healthcare industry differs in the nature and complexity of operations from other industries. This is because the industry operates round the clock and involves an extensive variety of medical and non-medical professionals, paramedical staff and technical and administrative staff. Other than that, it also has to maintain a fair and just staff to patient ratio.
Effective and on point workforce management in the healthcare sector is a greater compulsion upon the management and organizational heads since it a process that has more to do than a mere time and work hour evaluation and pay roll generation.
It imposes a huge and crucial responsibility upon the organization since it directly relates to the matter of patients' life and death and any loophole or discrepancy in the management or worker’s planning may lead to cause great damage or an irrevocable loss.
Therefore, there exists a dire need to automate the shifts and batches, work planning and time slot allotment, especially for the doctors and paramedical staff. This can only be done if the human resource management is well aware about the employee and the organizational procedures and stays informed about the information related to each employee; about their work domain and shift hours. It is through this knowledge and information that they can devise smooth, hassle free and efficient workforce management plans.
In addition to that, the healthcare industry is bound by strict rules, regulations and laws that it has to abide by at any cost so as to avoid any lawsuit or government penalty. They have to ensure instant accessibility and provision of the required medical service to their patients and for this, they need to plan their shifts in a way that caters to any incidents, emergencies or major or minor needs that may arise at any given time of the day.
This huge and extensive myriad of essential management functions are required to be performed on a regular basis. Thus, it is high time that the healthcare industry leverages and automates their management patterns and incorporates a tech-based, systematic, procedural and computerized approach so as to avoid and minimize the risk and probability of an unforeseen incident
Here's what a time and attendance software has in store for uplifting and improving the workforce management designs in the Healthcare Industry:
- It keeps record of the time-in and time-out functions of doctors, paramedical, surgical, technical and other related staff and employees.
- It provides a statistical insight about the staffing requirements and highlights the surplus and deprived areas in terms of need and staffing requirements
- It helps the management to cope with an emergency, incident or mishap in a more systematic and organized manner without any chaos or mismanagement.
- It keeps a special check on the quality of service and ensures that each employee performs their job on time and in the most efficient demeanor.
- It maintains all employee records in one secure place eliminating privacy violations.
Key things the Mitrefinch Time & Attendance System can help with:
For more information on how Mitrefinch can help you, fill out the form below.